Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My little assistant

I got up today and felt better, but still kinda weak and sick. The obvious answer was to enlist an assistant while cooking eggs.
Christopher perched on the counter and gripped each egg tightly, grinning maniacally and obviously excited that he was being allowed - encouraged even - to break something. He "helped" me break three eggs, then stopped after and looked at his hands in grossed-out fascination. Breaking eggs is not a mess-free endeavor when you're 18 months old.
He screamed through the hand-washing process, but then cheered up when he got to eat the eggs he had helped prepare. He ate a lot before demanding to get down and wandering off in search of his little bike.
I'd post pictures if I had any, but trust me, it was cute.

No comments: