Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What I've been dreading finally happened.

Last night Christopher woke up screaming around 3 a.m. Brian went in to see what was wrong, but Christopher just wanted to get down, so he came back to bed. I was laying there, about to go in myself, when I realized the screaming was getting louder and louder...I sat up and almost fell over when I saw a small screaming munchkin come running into our room. He climbed up on the bed, shouted "I sleep there" and threw himself down between Brian and I.
My sleepy brain could not process what had just happened. Why had Brian let him out of the crib? Why was he running around loose at night? What happened to the crib, the ultimate toddler containment system?
Brian summed it up in one terse sentence: "He climbed out."
The last vestiges of babyhood are gone.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Hmmmmm. Let's see... He sleeps in a "big-boy bed" on Friday and Saturday nights in North Carolina?

Maybe he feels like he's in jail in his crib now? I guess we might have to go out and buy him another Christmas present - a BIG-BOY BED!!!